Having enough food is a right, not a privilege. We are here to service you with a hand up, not a hand out- trying to empower those in need to be self sufficient. We are here to help you with a hand up during difficult times. We will at all times try to be as understanding and compassionate and helpful as we can.
1. Who is Eligible
Residents of Batavia or Batavia Township (which includes some parts of Aurora and North aurora) are eligible. You must be certified in order to be served by the Batavia Interfaith Food Pantry. Contact us if you are unsure if you live within these boundaries.
2. How to become Certified if Eligible New Clients:
You will need to bring the following items with you during our regular hours of operation(at least 15 minutes prior to closing):
- A picture ID – driver’s license, state ID
- A CURRENT (within 1 month of current date) utility bill or rent receipt with your name showing proof of residency in Batavia or Batavia Township.
3. Once you are certified
You will receive a punch card. Every time you as the client visit the Batavia Interfaith Food Pantry for food distribution, you must bring your card. Without the card, YOU will not be served – you can only get food if you re-certify and pay $1 for a new card – NO EXCEPTIONS!
4. Annual Certification
Clients who were certified with the current year – but do not have their card (lost or forgotten) must be re-certified and pay $1 before they can be served that day. After Jan 1 – every year – all clients must be re-certified!
5. Batavia Interfaith Food Pantry Hours for Client Choice Food Pickup:
- See HOME page for current hours of operation