The work of the Batavia Interfaith Food Pantry would not be possible without the support of its volunteers and generous donors. If you are interested in volunteering, please email us at and provide us with your name, phone number and the best time to reach you and a representative will contact you about volunteer opportunities.
As a registered 501(c)(3) charity, all donations to the Batavia Interfaith Food Pantry are tax deductible.
What Can I Donate?
Cash donations are needed and appreciated. Your $5 donation
enables us to purchase $50 worth of groceries. We do not pay sales tax
and, through our cooperative buying power, we can turn $1 into $10 worth
You can donate in the following ways:
In person during the hours of operation or during one of our food drives.
Please make your check payable to the Batavia Interfaith Food Pantry and mail to 100 Flinn Drive, Batavia, IL 60510.
We are now able to accept donations via PayPal as well. Please click on the "Donate" button below and you will be directed to the PayPal website where you can complete your donation.
(and Non-Food Items in Family Size or smaller)
Please do not donate food with expired dates.
Most needed items:
• Canned fruit
• Breakfast Cereals
• Spaghetti Sauce
• Dish Soap
Most requested but least donated:
• Cooking Oil
• Spaghetti Sauce in Jars
• Tomato Sauce/Paste
• Beef Stew
• Dry or Canned Potatoes
• Sloppy Joe Mix
• Spaghetti Sauce (jar)
• Peanut Butter
• Gelatin/Pudding Mixes
• Dried Beans
• Instant & RegularRice
• Pancake Mix
• Pancake Syrup
• Macaroni & Cheese
• Boxed Dinner Mixes
• Cooking Oil
• Laundry/Dish Detergents
• Paper Products (paper towels, Kleenex, napkins, paper plates)
• Trash/Food Storage Bags
• Plastic Wrap/Wax Paper
• Aluminum Foil
• Cleaning Products
• Bath Soaps
• Feminine Hygiene Products
Special Holidays/Occasions – these are some ideas if you are looking for projects for your group or just want to do something different. Please call the Pantry for ideas/suggestions.
• Birthday Boxes
• Easter Baskets
• Christmas Stockings
• Gift Certificates
• Back to School bags
Donations may be dropped off during our regular hours of operation:
• Monday & Thursday Evenings: 6:30pm to 7:30pm
• Tuesday: 1:00pm to 3:00pm
• Friday: 10:00 am to 12:00pm
• By special arrangement.
We gladly accept donations of professional services for repair and maintenance of our facilities such as electrical, roofing, HVAC, cleaning services, printing, copying.
The Batavia Interfaith Food pantry depends on committed
volunteers from area churches and from within our community to meet the
Pantry's mission of ending hunger in our community. Volunteers can make
a difference in the following ways:
• Working as Food Sorters and Stockers
• Assisting in Food Delivery
• Registering Clients
• Acting as Food Drive Event Coordinators and Assistants
• Working as Client Choice Assistants
• Helping during our spring and fall Food Drives
• Giving tours to various groups off hours
• “Planting” a row participation (share your extra garden vegetables)
• Cleaning the pantry (floors, shelves, refrigerators) – great for groups or families
• Earning Service Hours (be creative in your task selection)
Children age 10-15 may volunteer when accompanied
by a parent or supervising adult.