Welcome to the Batavia Interfaith Food Pantry!
The Batavia Interfaith Food Pantry is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit, volunteer agency that is directed and operated by community and local church volunteers residing throughout the greater Fox Valley. We are also a member of the Northern Illinois Food Bank Cooperative. Those who visit and use our Food Pantry are our neighbors and friends: people with disabilities, seniors, low income families, and families who have lost their jobs.
The Batavia Food Pantry has been in operation for 30 years. This would not have been possible without the active support of the community volunteers and donors who so selflessly donated their time, effort, and money.
Batavia Interfaith Clothes Closet
The web page for the Clothes Closet can be accessed here.
Board Meetings are held monthly on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:00pm in the Pantry building (See Directions below). Interested Batavia residents are welcome to attend.
- FOODIE 5K: Note from Robin Thompson, Treasurer:
Please consider joining the Batavia Interfaith Food Pantry (BIFP) team at the 1st Annual Foodie 5K on April 12th.
The registration fee goes to the Northern Illinois Food Bank and any additional funds raised by the participants go to the account for the Food Bank client organization (e.g., the Batavia Interfaith Food Pantry) designated by the runner. The sign up link if you'd like to participate is: HERE.
If you aren't able to run or walk the Foodie 5K, you can donate to the Batavia Food Pantry account at the Northern IL Food Bank via my site HERE.
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: To volunteer please call (630)879-3784 or send email to: email@example.com
- GUIDELINES & FAQs: Volunteers please review the Guidelines, which also address a lot of your Frequently Asked Questions, here
- Anytime the Batavia Schools are closed due to inclement weather, the Food Pantry and the Clothes Closet will also be closed
Our mission is to provide food relief to the economically disadvantaged residents of Batavia and Batavia Township. We strive to help with a hand up - not a hand out.
From Route 25: go west on Wilson Street to Shumway Drive/Island Avenue, go south two blocks to Flinn Drive, then one block west to the Pantry.
From Route 31: go east on Wilson Street to Shumway Drive/Island Avenue, go south two blocks to Flinn Drive, then one block west to the Pantry.
For a map or to get driving directions, click here.
Hours of Operation
Monday Evening - 6:30pm to 7:30pm
Tuesday Afternoon - 1:00pm to 3:00pm
Thursday Evening - 6:30pm to 7:30pm
Friday Morning - 10:00am to 12:00pm
Donations may be dropped off during the following hours:
Monday & Tuesday Morning - 9:00am to 11:00am
Friday Morning - 9:00am to noon
Days Closed in 2014
- Monday, May 26, 2014 (Memorial Day)
- Friday, July 4, 2014 (Independence Day)
- Monday, September 1, 2014 (Labor Day)
- Thursday, November 27, 2014 (Thanksgiving Day)
- Friday, November 28, 2014 (Day after Thanksgiving
- Thursday, December 25, 2014 (Christmas Day)